If you were the type of kid who always colored outside the lines, this bold tour of Costa Rica is just the escape for you. Wide-open spaces, multi-hued creatures, and bright, vivid scenery welcome you with open arms and a no-holds-barred spirit. As you make your way through Costa Rica, lava trails, cloud forests, and high-in-the-sky suspension bridges invite you to take a walk on the wild side while scenic boat rides, nature walks, and natural hot springs beckon you to leisurely soak in the views. Frolic among hundreds of species of butterflies, birds, reptiles, and wildlife in the most colorful rainforests, and feast on your own delicious Costa Rican creations in an authentic cooking class. With visits to an active volcano and exotic fruit plantations, plus several meet-and-greets with the native macaws and monkeys, this vacation to Costa Rica is bananas! It's not just the white sand and white-faced monkeys that lure travelers to the oceanside village of Manuel Antonio; it's the relaxing eco resorts tucked away in the lush green hills overlooking the shimmering turquoise waters. Add an additional dose of color to your tour of Costa Rica with a Monograms vacation to Manuel Antonio and its renowned national park.
Call (425) 368-2462 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16580115
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Jose||Welcome to San Jose!|
|Day 2||SAN JOSE-TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK||SAN JOSE Scenic drive past banana plantations en route to the Caribbean shore to board your cruise to the Tortuguero Canals. TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK Guided cruise on the canals with a Local Guide and boatman includes watching for freshwater turtles, caimans, herons, toucans, egrets, and monkeys. Free time at your lodge before a slideshow presentation about the park. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Tortuguero National Park Tour & Canal Cruise||TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK Guided boat cruise with a Naturalist through remote areas of the park, followed by a rainforest walk. Presentation by a local Naturalist this afternoon. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||TORTUGUERO-SARAPIQUI-ARENAL||TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK Boat trip en route to the Sarapiqui area. SARAPIQUI [LF] Guided Tour of a local family-owned pineapple farm highlights the history and cultivation of the pineapple industry. ARENAL Free time this afternoon at your resort's pool, hot-spring-fed Jacuzzi, or on a nearby nature trail. Dinner at your hotel. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Arenal||ARENAL Free time this morning before a guided visit to Arenal Volcano National Park includes lava trails and nature that has recovered from past lava flows. Walking tour of the town of La Fortuna de San Carlos includes spectacular views of the active Arenal Volcano. This evening, drive to nearby famous [LF] Tabacon Hot Springs for a dip in the curative and relaxing pools before dinner at the hot springs. (B,D) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Arenal with a float trip to watch for native flora and fauna. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 6||Monteverde||ARENAL Scenic drive to Monteverde. MONTEVERDE Guided tour with a Naturalist on the Sky Walk Hanging Bridges, which combines trails and suspension bridges through the canopy of Monteverde Cloud Forest, to search for flora and fauna. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Monteverde||SANTA ELENA CLOUD FOREST RESERVEMONTEVERDE Guided walking tour with a Naturalist in Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve (home to over 600 species of butterflies, 400 species of birds, with 100 reptile and 120 mammal species). [LF] Visit to a family-owned Ecological Sanctuary includes a tour, cooking class, and lunch. Farewell dinner this evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Manuel Antonio National Park Area||MONTEVERDE Scenic drive to Quepos. MANUEL ANTONIO Dense mangrove swamps sheltering a variety of wildlife back up to the pristine beaches in this area. It is not uncommon to see iguanas and white-faced monkeys on the beach. For the more active, there are jungle hikes suited to all levels. Other local activities include canopy tours, deep-sea fishing, diving, sea kayaking, and mountain biking. (B)|
|Day 9||Manuel Antonio National Park Area||MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL Free day. (B)|
|Day 10||Manuel Antonio National Park Area||MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL Free day. (B)|
|Day 11||Manuel Antonio National Park Area||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. Please schedule flights after 12:30 pm. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).